A Journey Towards My Own Destiny

Sunday, January 08, 2006

A rainy day...

Last night was the lighting-up ceremony of the lightings in Chinatown... I had planned to go down to take some photographs but it was pouring... As I was a little down on a flu too, I decided to give it a miss... Haz... It is a nice feeling to be at home on a rainy day... Let the rain wash away all the taints outside... =) Received the postcard from Winston yesterday and I must say his cursive is too artistic that I can't comprehend some words... =) Thank anyway & will ask you for the 'translation' when you are back from Aussie land. Apart from a visit to the dentist and a hot Milo at the Macdonalds in Beauty World, I was home all the while to recuperate fully from the flu... Much better today. +)

Tomorrow is supposedly the first day of school but I do not have any lesson. However, I will still be heading towards IRO in the morning to continue with some tasks. Room is in a mess right now and I will clear it up later... There are certain goals and commitments to be achieved in 2006... I have to be more disciplined and work towards them... =) But still there are still mundane stuffs which needs to be settled before everything gets running smoothly. Past few days have been rather lethargic due to the flu, now that I have recovered, I will make every effort to work towards some of the dreams and goals I have set for myself...

Got to meet my UROPS supervisor, Dr Pan on Wednesday to discuss how I should proceed on for my case study as there is some delay on the company side. As I need to hand in my 10k words report in March, there is really a need to see what can be done to circumvent the some of the difficulties which we are encountering right now. Need to prepare myself for the meeting later...

Tonight will be the first charity show of 2006, hopefully people will still be philanthrophic after the NKF saga. Here are some pictures during the rehearsal of one of the key performance tonight: the walking of the monk around Republic Plaza at its edge... And now the weather is bad and I wonder the show will still go on... But Chee Meng said that the monk is steady one... hahaz... Here are the pictures from Chee Meng who will be one of the strong dudes pulling on the ropes attached to the monk tonight...


Do you have a phobia of height? It is just 280metres... Suddenly I remembered the 38 storeys - high "Giant Drop" & "Tower of Terror" at Dreamworld in Aussie... The height is not that much of a concern coz everything happens so fast; however, it feels like lightyears when you are dangling up there while waiting for lever to be pull and plunge right down...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home